Mail carrier! adult content

My regular mail carrier was off today. I put all my bills in my mailbox by the road and when the mail carrier went by, he put new mail in but left what was in there. These are all the bills for the month, and Monday is holiday, so the next day to get these in the process would be Tuesday. I got in my car and found the mail carrier and he said "He was not G-d” that everybody makes mistakes. He then left his route and followed me home. He said that he did not pick up the mail because he did not know if that was MY mail or someone else’s? Um, it has my return addy on each bill! I called the Main post office and voice my opinion.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Our mail carrier only delievers our mail half the time and we've gotten sevearl bills after they were past due. It's not the city post office, it's him. We moved 3 blocks from our old house and never had a problem with the last mail carrier. I would file a formal complaint with the post master over this if I were you.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:12 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I would have just taken it to a drop box and called the post office to complain. You never know if he is the one that is going to go postal O.o
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:07 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Everybody makes mistakes, maybe he was new or something?
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 4:08 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• One question- Was your flag up? If not, then it's YOUR fault. My carrier won't look through my mail to see if it's going or staying. Thatis not part oftheir job. -that's why mail boxes have flags.... If you left it down, you seriously own some apologies....
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 4:21 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I know what u mean about the mail carrier!!!! Mine left my mail on the porch and the mail box is right there!!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:08 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Good for you for calling someone about it. It happens to me alot though. Thats crazy that it seems like he gave you an attitude instead of saying, "oh, I'm sorry, let me fix that" or something. But he DID come back to get it though. So thats good.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 4:09 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My mail person did that a lot when we first move in here. Our mail box is on the road and he/she does not even have to get out to deliver the mail. I had my flag up and he/she just drove right on by. I called the post office and they said they do not have to pick up mail. So I went to the post offices website and put in a comlpaint there. I have not had a problem with them picking up my mail sense.

Answer by louise2 at 4:13 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I handed him the mail when I found him down the road. He took the mail then and then started to spout off about not being G-d, etc. For him to follow me home, well, that was the creepy part. He said that he did not pick it up because he left no new mail. I told him I got my new mail already. How can you miss 15 envelopes, 4 Netflix envelopes and 4 large green boxes that are books on tape?

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:14 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• wow, I mean I can understand if he was new andor made a mistake it is a holiday so maybe he was trying to leave early but he could have apologized and not gotten an attitude, If I made a mistake thats what I would have done, I wouldn't make the customer feel like crap. I really do hope he mailed your mail and not put it off somewhere or "lost it" as a way of getting back at you.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 4:21 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• i'v put mail in before and forgot to put the flag up. it could have been that. it probably was an honest mistake.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:29 PM on Sep. 4, 2010