Do you have a CSA subscription with a local farm?

I'm thinking of joining the CSA with a local farm. They are offering $100 subscriptions and it will get me $110 in vegetables or other merchandise and there is no limit on what I can use it for (veggies, plants, pick-your-own's and baked goods). Also, if I do not use it all in 2010 they will roll the balance over to next year. I think it sounds like a good deal and will support our local farmers. What do you think?

FeelinYummy

Asked by FeelinYummy at 4:47 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Shopping

• if you are going to be able to use the food then yes, sounds good to me
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 5:34 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• We chose not to do it, only because the amount of food we would get was WAY more than what our small family could eat, so it was a wate of both money and food. But they only had produce, no baked goods or plants. They do have a market one afternoon a week and we shop there for our veggies. I still do buy occasionally at the store but I try hard to plan ahead and buy local.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 4:50 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• We have done this in the past; I prefer to shop at the farmers markets because I can buy only what I will use, and can go several times a week.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:54 PM on Sep. 5, 2010