Teeth

My son's tooth is REALLY loose. He wants me to do the string/slamming door deal. I'm nervous. I know I did some things to help my own teeth fall out, but this is my baby! Ever done it to your kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• LMBO! No my son refused to even let me LOOK at his loose teeth. They fell out on their own! Iw ouldn't do the string thing but I would sure yank it out if he wanted me to!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:19 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• The string thing does not work. Give him a washcloth and show him how to grab it and pull!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 5:20 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I wouldn't pull it with a string. If is loose enough to come out a gentle tug on it will make it happen. Good luck.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 5:27 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I don't think I could do that to my kid! And this post just brought back all the memories of losing my baby teeth; I HATED how it felt when they were wiggling around it was one of the worst feelings ever!!!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 5:31 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• LOL, if that's how he wants to do just let him. It'll be a fun memory later. =) My son hasn't lost any teeth yet, but I keep checking.
    JerbysMom

Answer by JerbysMom at 5:41 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• No way! That totally makes my stomach turn. I can't stand to see my kids hurt, I would probably throw up. I joked with my own DS about that though. I tried to get him to eat an apple or something that the tooth could get stuck in when he bit down. He wanted no part of that. His was loose for a long time, but held on until the bitter end and when it finally fell out you could see the ridge of the other tooth coming in right behind it. I have helped him along with one using a kleenex to grip onto it.

Good luck!

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:53 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I'd go with the washcloth idea.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 5:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Shuddering at the thought..Tooth pulling duties are solely the responsibility of my husband. Good luck!!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:33 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• How on earth do you even get a string around a baby tooth? I would get a tissue and pull or tell them keep working it with their tongue and it will fall out on its own. My son ate his first ever baby tooth in an apple at my FIL's house :(
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:57 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Plzzzz DONT!!!! what if it turn out wrong....i would b scared to do it...jus tell him to wait a little while longer :)
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 3:44 AM on Sep. 5, 2010