Do you think the Physical world and the Spiritual world are seperate and act independently or that they overlap and effect each other?

My husband believes that the spiritual aspects of the world act completely outside the realm of the physical and can have no physical affects on the world or those inside it...

I on the other hand believe that the two overlap and work together to shape the world around us and our lives...

What do you think?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 5:26 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I think they overlap...how else would you explain ghosts and spirits, etc?
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 5:29 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• overlap~we are here to learn to love....I think I have spirit guides to help me....those who are hardest to love need it the most~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 5:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I don't believe they overlap. I don't believe in ghosts. When you die you either go to Heaven or Hell. Not get stuck in between. I believve there are demons cause they are in the Bible, but not the rest. JMO.
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 5:34 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I believe they are independent of each other, with God being the only One Who can overlap, if that makes sense...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Well, here is how this all came up... I have a dream catcher hanging on my window and on the window in my sons' room. They both have nightmares and the dream-catcher has somewhat stopped them. My husband thinks it's impossible for anything to affect nightmares because they are a physical response and have nothing to do with spirituality. He says when you are asleep you are unconscious and therefore you can't be affected by spiritual things anyways. I disagree. I have preminatory dreams and have had dreams of past lives which I have been able to prove to be true - neither of these things are physical in nature, but spiritual, yet, they happen while I'm asleep... I don't believe that our spirituality and our physicality work independent of one another - I believe they are both a part of who we are and neither part works without the other...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 5:43 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• You could share my mother's story with your husband. To make it short, my mother's grandmother passed away and mom mourned her for months. One night her grandmother visited her in a dream to say goodbye and to stop crying over her death. My dad woke my mom, because she was crying in her sleep. Then he asked, "What's that smell?" The entire room was filled with her grandmother's favorite perfume, White Shoulders. My dad is not an especially spiritual man, and he can be quite the skeptic, but he swears to this day that my mom's grandmother's spirit had visited them that night. So, yeah, I do believe the two realms overlap.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 5:54 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I most definately believe that the two overlap (and some other dimensioons besides those two as well).
    As for your experiences with the dreams, I believe those were actually YOUR spirit doing things on it's on when it was free to "roam." As for the dreamcathchers, I believe they can work if you (as in the person using it) believe in them. I have one that I can NEVER get rid of, since it is tattooed on my left bicep. lol.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:10 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I believe that they overlap.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:07 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I believe that the two overlap - but I don't think they are aways working together necessarily

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:54 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Paranormal activity would imply they overlap
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:31 AM on Sep. 5, 2010