Should I try to lose weight before we try to conceive?

I have the Mirena in and we really want a new baby. I've been battling over whether I need to lose 10-15 pounds before I take the Mirena out, or whether I just don't need to worry about it until after the baby gets here. I'm 5'10" and 170 pounds, not overweight, but not skinny either. I guess you'd say I'm "thick" I also have a little pudge in my tummy now, and I've always had a flat stomach, even after two kids - but I've got to cooking and eating more and less exercise and it kinda grew there. LOL. I think we may just get pregnant and then worry about the weight though, what do ya'll think?

tcmeeler

Asked by tcmeeler at 2:42 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I say it is totally up to you and how you feel, but if you do decide to try to lose weight before getting pregnant and need help i can help you out with an all natural, drug free, stimulant free weight loss/portion control product it has ZERO side effects i am using it and i have lost over 3lbs in 4 days it is a great product and i highly reccomend it, PM if you have any questions about this product i will be happy to tell you more :) or visit http://www.controllingportions.com/Tiffany to learn more or purchase the products
    MyO3WorldMomma

Answer by MyO3WorldMomma at 3:04 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Losing weight may help you conceive as well. I know that my hubby and I were trying to get prego and it wasn't until I started working out that I did. The same story with 2 of my friends. Plus...it'll be that much easier to lose weight after you have a baby...trust me :o)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Meh, I dunno. I'm more overweight than you and I conceived just fine =] I'm also having a very healthy, normal pregnancy. I guess I'm lucky though, I dunno.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:47 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Oh, I forgot to mention that we have a dog - and Garrett (19 mos), me, and the dog normally walk about a mile every afternoon before dinner unless it's raining. Lately it's been raining a lot though. I like to exercise, it's just finding the time. Even though I'm a SAH mom, scuse me, a WAH mom (I'm a Pampered Chef consultant), between keeping this darn huge house clean and cooking 2 pretty much from-scratch meals a day, my time is booked. I love my computer, and I don't get but about an hour total (several small intervals) on it a day.
    tcmeeler

Answer by tcmeeler at 5:20 PM on Oct. 13, 2008