Can a mom wear short shorts?

My kids say I can't...but I don't think it really matters as long as it's not in public. Like at the store or my job.

SuperWoman246

Asked by SuperWoman246 at 5:38 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• First off why would you let your kids tell you what you are aloud to do?/ Aren't you the parent? Now as far as short shorts... if you like them, why not. I wouldn't do it but my opinion is that I really don't want to be looking at someone's ass hanging out of their clothes. My son who is going on 18 makes fun of the females that wear short shorts... he asks me did they forget their pants???
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 6:39 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Well, it's not always a matter of "can" ... it's often a matter of "should".
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 5:39 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• um... i do... all th time. but i'm only 24....
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 5:39 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I used to wear them but now that i have gained a few lbs i stopped,but once i lose them i will,
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 5:40 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• It's our body. Not mine.
    I wouldn't be caught dead in them. No one needs to see my thighs, ass, or glow in the dark white legs.lol!
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 5:40 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I guess it depends on what your legs look like...

Haley Barry is a mom, she could wear short shorts til the end of the world - no one would care... I on the other hand, prefer pants, and so do those around me! lol

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:45 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• who owns your look anyway? if that is your style~sport it~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 5:43 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I do sometimes. It all depends on how I feel. But I would never wear them to take my child to the doctor or something like that.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 5:49 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• If you're a mom and you want to wear short shorts, then so be it. It's probably not appropriate to wear out in public though. I wear short shorts at home, usually as my pajama bottoms.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 5:57 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• It depends on how you would like your children to dress as well. I pray to God that when my daughter gets older she will never want to wear a BIKINI Personally I think that that shows to much of your body. I think that today women do show to much body any more. I mean come on leave something to the imagination. I am not be any means saying you dress bad :) but there are some people who should grow up with kids. You also stated that you dont wear them in public.... around the house... if it is your son saying this then you should take his opinion in to consideration maybe he likes seeing his mother a woman to look up to and not like the other girls running around flashing all they got maybe he thinks you might try to do it too...
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 6:06 PM on Sep. 4, 2010