ringworm? eczema?

My son has a few scaly rashes. One on his elbow, one on his leg, the other by his ankle. the ankle rash is big. I thought it might be ringworm, but it doesnt have that dark outline. It's dark pink and scaly looking. The leg rash looks like it could have an outer ring, but it's not quite certain. the elbow rash is just scaly. my mom said I need to take him to the emergency room, others say slap on some lotrimin.....my mom instincts say to treat it and if it doesnt go away see the dr. next week.....advice?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 5:44 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I would def. NOT do ER (why expose your child to other stuff for something that is not really an emergency/life threatning) -- I'd try antifungal and if it doesn't clear see dr.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 6:15 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• law of exculed middle...hit it with anti fungal cream...see if it changes....
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 5:47 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• look it up online it could either try the anti fungal cream if that doesn't work probably eczema
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 5:52 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Yup.... I'd treat it with lotrimin.....and if it doesnt go away see the dr. next week.....and I am in a medical field
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 5:52 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• thanks Morgain! I feel like a little kid going against my moms wishes lol. but I dont think an emergency room visit is necessary sinc it isnt all over the place
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 5:54 PM on Sep. 4, 2010