Do you make the old fashion fudge or do you make the new style fudge?

I prefer the old fashion fudge where you cook the sugar, milk and butter to a certain degree and depending on what kind you are making when you add the remaining ingredients. With chocolate you the cocoa with the sugar, milk and butter and so on...

I have had the new fudge made different ways and it just doesn't seem as good. Especially the one made with the marshmallow creme.

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 6:25 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• old fashion and marshmallow are both fine ..i make them both..
    MzGeorgiaPeach

Answer by MzGeorgiaPeach at 10:05 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I like it all! I like the one made with Fluff too and the odd thing is that I can't stand marshmallows.lol! I've had fudge made in so many ways. The only one that I don't like it the one made with cheese. It was so wrong. So very wrong. lol!

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 6:28 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I make the old-school kind. My husband's great-grandmother gave me her recipe and it's the best fudge on Earth!
    JerbysMom

Answer by JerbysMom at 8:00 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I make it both ways.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:31 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I love the old fashioned fudge but I generally just make fudge in the microwave. I do like the marshmellow one and I like flavored fudges, like peanut butter, rocky road etc.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:32 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Old fashioned.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:00 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I prefer the old school way - the marshmallow kind doesn't taste like fudge to me. I used to mess it up all the time, it was either chocolate syrup or dust. I got a candy thermometer and it comes out perfect every time!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:01 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I never could get the hang of fudge-making, nifty thermometer or not. Probably a good thing as far as my ass is concerned.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:42 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I've never made fudge because I was told it is hard to make, you have to be right on with your temperatures, so I was scared away. Do love to eat it!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I do not what way it is but I make mine the way my aunt taught me and that is the Velveeta type of fudge
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 11:44 PM on Sep. 4, 2010