So Long Summer: Ever have a problem with your kid’s teacher? What happened?

Answer 10 of CafeMom Team's So Long Summer Questions this Labor Day Weekend and win a Virtual Vacation award for your Answers profile page.

Ask your own, and then link to it from this group post, for some extra sunshine.

Learn more in the Answers Group.

CafeMom Team

Asked by CafeMom Team at 6:45 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in

• Nope, I've never had any issues with myds kids teachers. I have had issues with other teachers. When I had issues with them "picking" on my daughter at recess or whatever I would talk to the teacher about the issue.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 6:48 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My son is autistic. So I've had lots of teacher problems. I had to go to the principle once and flat out tell her that I didn't like the teacher and she needs to keep her away from my son!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:48 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Not really. Our son has had some pretty great ones!
    teacher quote Pictures, Images and Photos
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:52 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• 3 special ed kids....teachable moments for me at every grade...
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 6:52 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My son is autistic and I have only had one teacher that was a problem. His school is great! When I knew I would be moving, I researched very well before I moved.
    Now the school district that I moved from was not so hot. I had a few problems with teachers with my step sons and with my neices.
    Once my SS was being bullied and the teacher and the principal took the attitude that the bully was having issues and I should be patient. So I told my SS the next time the kid punched him to punch him back--the kid stopped bullying my SS.
    I also had one teacher refuse to sign my SS's assignment book. He was not studying for test and not letting me know when they were. I asked her to please check his book at the end of the day so I could have him study. She said "He's getting C's and that is average ,what more do you want from him? It wasn't the C it was the fact that he WASN'T STUDYING!!!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:54 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Both of my children have autism, and when my now 3rd grader was in Kindergarten, the regular teacher broke her hip and a long-term substitute was brought in for 6 months! On the last day of school all of his papers were sent home in a large folder. In the middle of the folder I found notes about my son from the substitute that were NOT supposed to be in there!!!

Let's just say that they were not professional, totally uncalled for, and I was on the phone to the director of the special education department, and later had a sit down with the Assistant Superintendent of the school district. Since she was only a substitute teacher she was not a contract employee of our school district, but I was assured that she would NOT be accepted into the school district should a permanent teaching position open up and she applied.

Two years later I was working as a sub in a nearby district and ran into her--where she was now a teacher!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:54 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Everything seems to be going well thus far. Hope it stays that way.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:54 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My son corrects his teachers when they have grammatical or spelling errors...they have a tendency to not like him...LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 6:58 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Gladly, no. There was a student that was being a littlle bit of a bully to my oldest daughter last year. Unfortunately, this girl is in her class again this year. We'll see. I have given her some tips on dealing with it again in case it does.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 7:01 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I am a Homeschool Mom so I've never had any issues with my kids Teachers.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 7:02 PM on Sep. 4, 2010