Sperm meets egg plan question

In the sperm meets egg plan, I read that you can begin on day 8 of your cycle to start having intercourse (and to continue to the every other day timing). Then, on cycle day 10, to start with the OPK's. Is she referring to your cycle as the days just following your period? Because, I am only cycle day 9 today and I am not expecting my period until cycle day 19, which is stil 10 days away. And, I did the OPK's over a week ago as that is when I ovulate.

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 7:01 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I thought your cycle began on the first day of your period?
    Six_on_my_own

Answer by Six_on_my_own at 7:07 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• When most marital is counting days they start at the first day of your period. A person who was text book perfect would ovulate on day 14 by that count.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:05 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I am thinking, that the first day that you begin counting as the beginning of your cycle is the first day of red bleeding (not spotting), then you just continue counting until the day before you start your period again.
    I have a 29 day cycle from the beginning of my period to the day before my next. That was my understanding as well. I am just wondering if any of those who have read about the 'egg meets sperm plan' and read what Deanna has said about the 'counting' , if she is meaning to start having intercourse on day 8 (I am a 6 day period, so is she meaning have sex starting on the two days after?) in my case?
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 7:19 PM on Sep. 4, 2010