Help, question about water breaking =/

Okay, so I keep wondering about this water breaking thing, because I have always had slightly heavier discharge than most (sorry if it's TMI..) and since getting pregnant, I've had to wear a pantiliner every day because it increased. I'm now 39 weeks and 6 days, and I know that if it breaks it could just be a small "leak" or trickle - but since I wear a liner, I'm not sure if I would know or if it has broken. I wondered a little earlier today about it, not sure if I felt any "leak" or not, but just a few minutes ago I sneezed and I thought I felt like perhaps I let a little pee go?? Usually I can tell if a sneeze was hard enough to "leak" a bit, but I'm not sure this time. Do you think I would absolutely be able to tell even if I wear a liner?? I have no idea whether to wake my mom (live with parents currently) or not, I don't want to give a "false alarm" So confused, please give me some thoughts =/

ToxikSedation

Asked by ToxikSedation at 3:10 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Take off your pantiliner and wait. Water breaking is a strange sensation. It feels like you are trickling urine into your underwear and can't seem to stop it. It can be very slow or it can just burst on it's own. You can also have a leaking bag of water without having contractions right away. If you think you are leaking water, you can go to the hospital and they can test to see if it is fluid or just discharge.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 3:46 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• i had no idea when mine broke with my first it was news to me at the hospital lol goog luck tho honey
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 3:11 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Well when it breaks you'll start feeling intence contractions so that will be one way, and the water might have some tinged mucous or pinkness (blood). It's all normal.
    nattyrf511

Answer by nattyrf511 at 3:16 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• if you sneeze and just a bit comes out.. that is normal.. I even sneezed a few times and fully wet my bed... you will feel a trickle or a gush.. if you have a continuous trickle the best way to tell what it is is to smell it.. I know that may be gross but you will know if it is pee or not.. waters breaking does not have a smell... pee does.. hope that helps...
    carriebeth864

Answer by carriebeth864 at 3:23 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I'm not having contractions, but I was also told that sometimes contractions don't always occur with it? I tried smelling and I'm not sure - I'm also getting over being sick right now so I'm kind of congested >.< Should I take the liner off and see if there's more in a bit?? I don't want to wake anyone for a "false alarm" =/ (why does it have to be soo frustrating??)
    ToxikSedation

Answer by ToxikSedation at 3:30 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Thanks for the answers, I think I'm going to take it off and wait a bit then. Thank you!!
    ToxikSedation

Answer by ToxikSedation at 3:52 AM on Oct. 13, 2008