7 11 and the new cups

Ok I was in 7-11 this AM getting coffee and I saw these cups when you buy one it polls who your vote if for! So whats to stop someone from buying like five cups of coffee and throwing off the poll? AND why would 7-11 be doing this?

It just was odd to me!

Homeschoolmom99

Asked by Homeschoolmom99 at 3:11 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• what if you arent voting?? does it give you that optioN?
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:13 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• No it polls it when you buy it "Big brother" is watching!
    Homeschoolmom99

Answer by Homeschoolmom99 at 3:43 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I doubt anyone is going to take the 7-11 poll very seriously but, I'm confused. So, you buy your coffee and the cup has a poll on it? Do they not let you leave until you choose? Or do you vote, drink your coffee and then return the cup to them?
    The part that upsets me is how they are tainting glorious coffee with politics!
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 7:20 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• You can still buy the regular 7-11 cups, if you choose neither or you don't care.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Not very cool.
    Hey speaking of coffee...time for another cup...at home
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:01 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• 7-11 should stick to the slurpees. They're yummy!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:03 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• It's just a marketing ploy, and a smart one. I never buy coffee from there but since I saw this campaign I've thought about it more and more, LOL.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 9:52 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• i think it's just a fun way for them(the store i mean) to participate in the election.
    obviously it's not an official poll.

there's a coffeeshop that i frequent that sells bookmarks with the candidates on them and they're trying to see which one sells the most.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:02 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• kris is right...totally a marketing thing
    KDW211

Answer by KDW211 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• If you want the 20 oz coffee at my 7-11 you have to buy one and it polls when you buy it.
    Homeschoolmom99

Answer by Homeschoolmom99 at 2:48 PM on Oct. 13, 2008