Do I stay or do I go?

My husband after 6 years still refuses to hold a job,, he says his back hurts, his neck, I don't like the people, bad environment, and my fave ITS JUST NOT ME. I've had to work full time and raise 2 kids, I have -money in the bank, and WAY to much debt, is he the excess I need to lose?? It doesn't end there, but I have to keep this under 1000 characters! Someone HELP!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• Sit him down and talk to him about how you feel. Ask him why he won't help support his family. I'm not one to advocate divorce, but maybe if he can't straighten up after a serious heart to heart (read don't shout at him) it's time for a trial seperation. Maybe he will get the point if he actually sees you walk away.
    Karasmomee06

Answer by Karasmomee06 at 8:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Im in a very similar situation. I have no advice for you. But I am in the trial separation right now. Its not helping yet. More or less leading to divorce. We have been separated for 4 months now and he hasnt paid me a dime of child support.
    Anonymous

• When I was in high school (many years ago) I used to think marriage should be a renegotiable contract renewable every five years just for this reason. We set out with goals as young newlyweds and somewhere along the line things go askew and our aspirations change and our interests change. I would spend a quiet night with him and just tell him that you need to renegotiate your marital goals and responsibilities or you are considering cutting him loose and kicking him to the curb. If you are doing all the work anyway, what do you need him for? It's possible he will want to pull his weight if he understands the consequences if he doesn't. Some men just need their priorities rearranged. That's a whole lot better than knocking sense into him!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Why did it take you 6 years to decide it's not fair? I wouldn't support any man that's fully capable of working. I supported 2 kids alone before I married my husband & if he didn't pull his weight financially & around the house, he'd be out of here! I could still love him but it'd be from a distance & I wouldn't have to feed his face!
    jon6pat

Answer by jon6pat at 10:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2008