Help I'm trying fenugreek...how much should I take?

I have a supply issue. I usually have plenty for the baby; but when it comes to pumping so I can work 2 days a week I just can't keep up. Also I have mitral valve prolape...slight heart problem...and the bottle says that it can also be used to regulate blood pressure and cholesterol ( I'm pretty petite). Just wondering if any of you moms out there might be able to give me some friendly advice. Should I take 3 - 3times a day or less? My life is super stressful right now and I think that may be causing a decrease in my supply. When he is nursing...sometimes he just doesn't seem satisfied like he isn't getting enough...or it may just be that he has a really runny nose, and he is just about 6mo old and already started solids... his doc says he needs them!

bamaunicorn

Asked by bamaunicorn at 4:09 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in General Parenting

• Definitely wait till he shows ALL the signs of being ready (sitting up unassisted, no tongue thrust, practicing pincer grip) not just because he's 6 months and your doctor is saying to. Breastmilk is best for him. :)

I took fenugreek with my first son, I did the 3pills 3x a day (so 9 pills daily). Good Luck...and be prepared to smell like maple syrup.
    meitaimom679

Answer by meitaimom679 at 11:16 AM on Oct. 13, 2008