My son is turning 4years old and I want to know what can I do for his birthday other than a party since his birthday happens to fall on a school day, an no he is not allowed a party at school?

Are there any moms out there that live in my area that would proably help me celebrating with cake an icecream at a local park or even central park. I feel nervous to ask but most of my friends do not have children an it would also be a great way for me to meet new moms.

fsml3

Asked by fsml3 at 7:29 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• bumped for you
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 7:31 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• why don't you just have the party on the weekend closest to his birthday? that's what we always do in my family growing up and now with my family too.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:32 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Preschools don't allow birthday parties?! Anyway, I would acknowledge his birthday day and include a special birthday cupcake treat or brownie in his lunch box, and celebrate with the rest of your family that night. Then I would have a larger party to include family and friends on a weekend day either before or after his actual birthday. It's what everyone else does when their birthday doesn't fall on a weekend or holiday!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:33 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• YOU CAN JUST MAKE HIM SOMETHING SMALL THAT DAY AFTER SCHOOL FOR THE IMMEDIATE FAMILY THEN IF YOU WANT YOU CAN MAKE HIS PARTY ON FRIDAY OR SATURDAY! THATS WHAT WE DO WHEN THAT HAPPENDS. THE KIDS LIKE IT CUZ THEY GET CAKE TWO TIMES LOL!
    GUDMOMMY86

Answer by GUDMOMMY86 at 7:39 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I agree..the school doesn't allow a party? MEANIES!!! I would suggest also doing on the weekend.....it would be nice to find other mothers and children, so I hope that works out for you. I'll bump ya!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:43 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• What we do is have a small cake or cupcakes the day of their birthday then have a big party with friends & family on the weekend nearest the actual day.
    Mommy22boys

Answer by Mommy22boys at 8:09 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• what mommy22boys said!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 10:01 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Have it on the weekend. He's gonna go several years at a time without having his birthday fall on the weekend, so makes more sense to wait to hold a party then. But you can have a small cake for dinner on his birthday with family.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:25 PM on Sep. 5, 2010