What are some foods that you use the canned chicken for?

You know the ones that are over by the Tuna in those medium sized cans.

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:36 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• The only thing I've used it for is chicken salad (with mayo, grapes, etc.)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:36 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• i guess you could make chicken salad or chicken pot pie out of it, but i never have tried it myself
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:37 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I thought about the chicken salad wasn't sure what else people are using them for I just see people pick them up at the store
    Moms_Angels1960

Comment by Moms_Angels1960 (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Chicken sour cream seasonings and then wrap it up into a tortia and enjoy.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:44 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• i usually just use chicken tenders and shred them myself, but the canned chicken would be great to spice up and use in home made quesadillias. just butter both sides of a tortillia and brown them in a skillet, fill with shredded chicken that's been simmered with chicken taco seasoning and that white mexican cheese, fold in half and cook on medium til the cheese melts good. cut it into triangles and dip it in sour cream or salsa. i usually serve them with spanish rice and mexican corn (you can buy cans of mexican corn with peppers, drain, and add a few table spoons of cream cheese...its AMAZING, i promise!).
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 7:44 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• chicken salad, chicken and black bean burritos, chicken tacos, certain casseroles. Really what it comes down to is a lack of time. If I don't have time to defrost or even cook the chicken or just don't feel like it..lol....I use the canned chicken. OR if I have run out of chicken. It's nice to always have it there just in case. We buy it in the 6 packs at Costco. It's a good back up.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:46 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Thanks for the ideas ladies these are great
    Moms_Angels1960

Comment by Moms_Angels1960 (original poster) at 7:50 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Soup, omlettes
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:16 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Tuna helper creamy broc., or creamy tuna , i used canned chicken instead, as well as chicken salad, pot pie, or chicken wraps
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 8:49 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I use it for casaroles. Otherwise it tastes funny from being in the can. You could also use it in soups as well. Anything that cooks for a while and the other ingridients can help mask the can taste. Like Tuna Casarole, clearly with added Chicken. Chicken Noodle or Chicken and Rice Soup, etc.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:02 PM on Sep. 4, 2010