switching to soy?

my daughter is 3 months and on regular milk formula. she spits up all the time. the doc said not to worry. our neighbor has left over formula that is soy based that she said she put her son on it because he spit up a lot and he stop spitting up right away. should i switch her over?

sweetjpea

Asked by sweetjpea at 8:15 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no. babies spit up,its what they do. Switching to soy won't help.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:17 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• whatever you do DO NOT SWITCH TO SOY. There is a LOT wrong with babies eating soy, because it is ESTROGENIC. It is like overloading your infant with like 100 times more estrogen than any grown woman would make/take/have in their bodies. Its just awful stuff. Its why girls get their periods so early, its why there is so much childhood obesity...

I wont go on. Just google it
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 8:29 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I suggest dping some research on soy formula before you make that decision. They are having all kinds of issues with hormones in it lately.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 8:51 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• i agree with Wendy. As it is so cheap, soy is being added to more and more food products. It is best avoided, especially in foods you give children. Even some breads contain soy flour. Cooking oils and margarine increasingly contain soy,

Avoid it for the the sake of your childrens' future health.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 9:25 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• DO NOT DO SOY..

I didn't know back when my son was little, but, I will never give another baby soy again.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I know everyone is saying don't do it but my two children where better with soy formula. Of course my daugther is 10 yrs old and my son is 18 months old and I never heard anything bad about soy until I saw the answer to your question. Ask the pedi anyways before switching.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 11:07 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Some babies spit up... even moreso with formula because they really weren't made to drink it. Soy is controversial as the others have mentioned... if it's just spit up... it's just a laundry issue. Your babe is still really young, if it bothers you a lot you might think about trying to relactate? Human milk is digested much faster and easier so there is less spit up... and when there IS spit up, it's MUCH less disgusting.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:54 PM on Sep. 4, 2010