how soon is too soon to get pregnant again?

bonni0408

Asked by bonni0408 at 5:14 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well health wise, doctors will advise against any pregnancies and surgeries for 6 months following a birth (sometimes even a year...) However I have known many mother who were pregnant before that and did just fine :)
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 5:16 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• After you gave birth (the normal way), its fine after whenever you feel like it. But 6-12 months is better because your body needs time to recover, specially your uterus.

After you had a c-section your should wait at least 1 -3 years (depending on how good your scar is healing (inside and outside). My OB told me to wait at least 1 year but better would be 3 years so my body could recover and heal up.

After you had a miscarriage every good OB will tell you to wait at least 1-2 years.

Hope I could help you a little.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:26 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I think I read that you should wait at least 9 months after a normal vaginal delivery to reduce the risk of preterm labor and maybe a year or year and a half after a c-section?

IN any case, of course there are lots of women who get prego earlier than that and everything's fine, personally though, I wouldn't take the chance. I got prego with my second when my first was 9 months old and everything is fine.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 8:38 AM on Oct. 13, 2008