Opinions please (Updated)

So my hubby was planning to go to his relatives and I knew about it. He assured me he'd drink no more than 2 beers and then be home. Well all the sudden as hes driving away he tells me he'll be spending the night over there and then when I started to protest he said 'Okay see you tomorrow, love you' and hung up. So I tell him to come home and when he does we get into a fight and I take the keys to OUR car and tell him he's not going. He started pushing me violently to get his car keys, calling me a cunt/bitch/whore and telling me he wanted a divorce. Then when I tried bracing myself up against the door he kept pushing & damn near about broke my arm (it still hurts pretty bad and I cant lift anything heavy.) So...was this an overreaction & what should I do now? I only took his keys as its the only car we have & I have a 2 year old & he was leaving us for the night, I never blocked him leaving. I wanted 2 leave after what he did

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• I spent time answering the other damn question, just for it to be deleted. You could have left it up.

Basically, I doubt he'd be willing to work at things. IDK how your relationship had been like: rocky? decent? And IDK if this request for a divorce was a shock or not. What he did was bullying, intimidation, mental/emotional and physical abuse. He lied to you, and planned, PLANNED on leaving you stranded at home over night. I would pack his shit and put it at the door. Call his bluff. Let him go. But hide the keys, and have something in your back pocket that you can use to defend yourself, even if it's a pen. If he comes at you again, stab him in the arm, grab your baby and run. Call 911. He's attacked you before, this totally be in self defense.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:35 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• different story than was posted the first time.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 8:28 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I agree with Raine, you could have left it up. Taking it down and changing the story simply ruins your credibility. The first time you posted it, it was much more believable. What you did was wrong. What he did was worse.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 8:40 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Yep, it is.
    missingruth

Answer by missingruth at 8:31 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• yes, I see that. LOL!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 8:33 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I think it is time for you to do some Soul Searching to see if this is how you want to live your life- Don't you think you & your two year old deserve more than this? Good Luck!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:13 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Do you really want to take another chance and possibly get really hurt? You've already seen what he truly is capable of, don't give him another chance to lay a finger on you or your child.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:45 AM on Sep. 5, 2010