my 1 year old doesn't have very many teeth and the stuff i eat she cant chew any ideas on what i can make for her

sydney_r_c_d

Asked by sydney_r_c_d at 6:07 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Food & Drink

• pretty much any cooked veggie,cut into very small pieces, tiny chunks of bread, cut up soft fruit (my son loves watermelon,cantaloupe, honeydew}. Just make sure you only give one piece at a time, otherwise they just keep stuffing it in. He also likes yogurt and cottage cheese. He is 14 months.
    mammatre

Answer by mammatre at 6:44 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• my one year old has 6 teeth she still eats what we eat and very well i may add just cut things in tiny pieces or mash it with a fork spaghetti o's and chicken noodle soup my daughter loves them and the noodles are soft enough for her to chew and once you start giving her these things she will become a good chewer trust me and that is what we say to my daughter we tell her she is such a good chewer and she thinks thats great
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:40 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• When my little one way this age she didn't have many teeth either. I bought a small food processor and just chopped up what we were eating and fed that to her. She liked that waaaaayyyyyyy better than baby food.
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 10:28 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Some easy quick ideas are: fruit cut into small pieces, veggies steamed, and cut small or mashed a bit, bread, pasta cooked tender.

Also, just chop up what you are currently eating.
    MommaLucy

Answer by MommaLucy at 11:59 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I had a manual chopper, I don't know if they still have them. I put whatever we were eating into the top, put the lid on and turned the handle, and the food came out nicely chopped. There are also very small blenders/food processors that let you chop up just small amounts. My SIL was told to just go ahead and feed what they were eating, that the baby would gum it.

Answer by Bmat at 2:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2008