On a scale of 1-10,how would you rate your husband/SO's fathering skills?

What does he do that is outstanding?
What could he improve on?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• I give my hubby an 20 he is a wonderful father there's not a think that i could think of that he could improve on. He got laid-off when our DD was 7 months old up until he got laid-off he worked night shift would come home at 7am and stayed home with the baby while i went to work till 3-4pm then he went to bed till 7pm and then went to work all night from 9pm until 6am. Then when he was laid-off he stayed home for 2 years with our DD and cleaned, cooked he did it all. We just started our DD in childcare 3 days ago cause he went back to work. He also has 2 other child which the older one lives with us now. He gets him off to school and our DD to childcare and then get the house cleaned and then goes to work 2nd shift and i am home with the kids at night. He is the best father in whole world and yes, yes, yes, yes i thank god everyday for having such a wonderful father for my child and a wonderful hubby.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:47 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• If he would get his head out of his ass he could be an outstanding father. The only thing he can do right now is make them laugh. Otherwise he pretty much fails at parenting.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:34 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Honestly, at this point, about a 9
    I sometimes envy the way he is with our son, his patience in particular

Outstanding: Patience, loves to show him off, is always talking to him and telling him what things are, praises him all of the time
    Improvement: Probably nurturing, but that is what mommies are for so I don't mind.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 8:35 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Oh, he was definitely a 10 in most areas.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 8:35 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• 10!

He plays with the kids, goes out of his way to tell them he loves them, painted my oldest's bed pink when she asked for it, didn't complain about giving up his converter box for her pink princess tv (lol), gets up with the baby if I ask, changes diapers and clothes and most of all he worries about the kids too! :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:37 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My hubby is an 11 on a scale of 1-10!!!

Outstanding: right now, he's changing a poopie diaper. I didn't even have to ask him to do it. He just put her diaper bag together for when we go to dinner tonight, so Audrey will have some things to play with instead of wreaking havoc. He let me sleep in until 10:00 this morning.
    Improvement: patience. He occasionally gets frustrated with Audrey when she's being very fussy, but then again, so do I.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 8:37 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• He was a 10 for sure!
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 8:50 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• 9
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:51 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Um, probably about a 7-8 right now, he used to be much better when there was only one, but so was i for that matter... 3 kids is alot for us to handle somedays and we both get worn down, kwim? He is really great about playing with them and making them laugh and teaching them new (although sometimes BAD) stuff :P He's not so good on the worrying if they're sick or hurt part, he usually thinks i'm overreacting or just tells me to take them to the doctor if i want to, doesn't seem all that concerned sometimes :-/
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 9:00 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• 9 1/2! lol! he is a great dad i just wish he would do more things with her out side the house. he is a part time stay at home dad in the morning so he could take her to the park and such! but its not a big deal! he is a great dad! we cant go to wal-mart without him buying her some new toy! she is only 6 months old, i told him he needs to stop or she will be spoiled!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:05 PM on Sep. 4, 2010