How can I keep handling the rejection that I'm getting?

Everytime that I try and love on my husband all he does is reject me. We've been having trouble and now he says that he's just not ready for sex or pretty much anything yet. He said that he's trying to love me again. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• trying to love you again did you do something besides love him clean his house take care of him and your children do his laundre cook him meals i mean cuz it thats all you did wrong...........girl he'd be loving the couch for a awhile
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:33 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I've know that I've been pushing him away for years now I know that I really do love him and I'm afraid that I've done to much damage to our relationship.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:52 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Tell him that you understand your part in your marriage problems and that you want to be an understanding and loving wife....Tell him that you want to give him the time and space that he needs...and then do it. Start asking for affection in small ways....can I have a hug, a kiss.....etc. Give him a little time to see if he comes around. He may just be feeling overwhelmed with his own feelings and a little smothered by the change in you.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 8:05 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I'd tell him the mistakes I made and why I made them. Be honest, if he does have love in his heart somewhere for you, it will come back because of your honesty. But, you have to also consider how he felt being pushed away too.
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 8:10 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Find a counselor and get him to go with you if he will. Something must have brought it to this point and it needs to be worked out. He is telling you alot by "rejecting" you. Sounds like he is wanting to but can't. I think it is more about not trusting you than not wanting you.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 9:11 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• It sounds like he has been hurt and needs some time to heal. Not everyone gets over hurts quickly. I think you should continue to do loving acts, be kind, and be patient. He says he wants to love you again, so give it time to happen.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:05 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• i pushed my husband away for years, and he left me for another woman. i guess i was too late. i do love him, but not in a way a wife and husband love each other. he is though, so darn good looking. his new girlfriend is actually lucky, he is a nice guy and very good looking. we just didn't click.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Oct. 13, 2008