need some good books for toddlers

My son just turned 2 and he's always loved reading (or being read to) not many books are labeled for toddlers. My son is quite intelligent (knows all his body parts and shapes already) ... Maybe I'm just a proud mama :) his attention span is pretty good. He has me read, Love You Forever several times in a row as well as a nursery rhymes book. What are some fun and educational books for toddlers? Or even what authors do you recommend?

alinker

Asked by alinker at 8:49 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Love you forever is an awesome book, isn't it? I love that one!
    Do you have Goodnight Moon?
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 8:51 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Pat the Bunny is a favorite. There are several books in the series "That's not my..." (That's not my car, That's not my dog, etc.) That are fun to read to a little one. I like Dr. Seuss's Hop on Pop.

Answer by Bmat at 8:56 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I'm as Quick as a Cricket by Audrey Wood
    Good Night, Baby by Denise Patrick
    Jamberry by Bruce Degan
    Brown Bear, Brown Bear, Whaat do You SEe by Eric Carle
    The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and TE BIG HUNGRY BEAR by Don and Audrey Wood
    The Carrot SEed by ruth Krasuss
    How Do Dinosaurs Play with Their Friends? by Jane Yolen and Mark Teague
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 9:01 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My kids liked Go Dog Go, Are you My Mother?, Brown Bear Brown Bear, Sandra Boynton books (or maybe that's just me), Goodnight Moon, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. My almost 3 year old loves Dora and Diego. I did an internet search of the best kids books and wrote them all down. Now I have a list of things to look for whenever I go to the library. It makes it a lot less overwhelming for me.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 9:03 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• my favorites as a kid were "if you give a mouse a cookie" "are you my momma" and "the lovely locket"
    as for fun books, I'd recommend something in the pop-up category. I have one that tells a lot of the older stories like rumplestiltskin, the princess and the pea, and others. My daughter just tore off rapunzuls hair, lol.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 9:05 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Julita loved The Very Hungry Caterpillar
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 9:05 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My dd loves "Little Critter" books, Its like a series of books about a little animal, I honestly have no idea what animal it is though haha. Im not sure if they make them anymore, I had them from when I was a kid, but its worth a shot to look for.
    Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 9:06 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Bump!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 9:24 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• In addition to some of the ones mentioned above, my 22 month old son loves "Bear Wants More" and "Bear Snores On" by Karma Wilson. One of my favorites to read to him is "Alexander and The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day" by Judith Viorst - not a toddler book, but he sits and listens.
    He's just learned all of his letters, so right now he loves any books with big letters that he can point to and "read". At this age, all books are educational!

Answer by missanc at 9:36 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Anything by Mercer Meyer (sp?) :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:38 PM on Sep. 4, 2010