What else can I do? Labor Stalled adult content

I have been contracting all week. My husband has two jobs, one of which is a third shift stock job. Well I went into the hospital on Tues night after my cxs were 5 min apart. Dilated from 0-2 in about 6 hours but that wasnt enough, so they sent me home to walk a bunch. Had daily checks and nothing was happening. Last night I go in when cx get 3.5 min apart or so and stronger. I dilate from 2-4cm 100% effaced in 4.5 hours but they were super busy (5 our of 6 women in there with me last night had csections!) and they sent me home. My husbands boss from his second job calls and says Dh is fired because thats 2 days this week he's missed work for "nothing"- So guess what? My contractions have stopped totally and I've cried all day long. (We REALLY depend on that extra $300 a week) Midwife says baby is malpositioned. I am a wreck, sore, exhausted and depressed. I'm ready to give up and agree to a c-section.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you? Typically if you're over term they would start you on pitocin - don't give up yet Mama. Hope everything works out.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:06 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• WOW you could be telling my story! Hang in there! I was 5-6 cm + contracting for two weeks ... they kept me 3 days for observation to see if something would "happen" then sent me home. I was crying too. on top of that, sadly my dh also got laid off for his attendance because he was rushing me back and forth. So i know what you're feeling. Our entire household was crazy those last few weeks... but in the end once I got full term they had me induce with pitocin. I had a scheduled date to go in to the hospital. And guess what? Because of being dilated + contracting (like you), once I actually went into labor it was SO fast and easy!! Compared to my first birthing, this was a snap! I had been dreading another labor so I was so so happy lol. So hang in there mama.. don't give up. If you want to make things happen, a lot of walking, housework/light activity (or sex) can help. make sure someone is around just in case! good luck. HUGS
    2rays0fsun

Answer by 2rays0fsun at 9:20 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Bounce on the workout ball it broke my water! Even though it did not help me progress dialation wise my contractions got close and stronger but for you being 3.5 now water breaking could be just what u need
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 9:47 PM on Sep. 4, 2010