To Text or not?....

I have been dating this guy for 3 weeks now and the past few days has been different the first 2 weeks were sooo awesome. I really like him alot and by the way he was acting he really liked me to already asking me and my child to move in, already met his parents. so the past two days i have just been texting him and the first day i got really short answers like yes, idk... and we usually talk all day long today i texted him and didn't get any response i was going to give it one more day of me not sayin anything tomorrow and the next day being monday i am thinking of saying "Whats up with you...If you don't wanna talk anymore you can just say ...don't just ignore me" I am wondering if thats good to say or should i just not say anything at all I really want to say something I just don't get why he all of a sudden stoped talking

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Texting de-personalizes ... I'd want to talk to him, let him talk to you, hear his voice, let him hear yours ... especially so early in the relationship.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 9:11 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• i agree---more personable to call directly---i would probably wait another day or 2---i wouldn't want to appear over powering.
    jdmyangel

Answer by jdmyangel at 9:13 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I would text him to have you call you. Give it till monday night and if he doesn't call you then you can put him in the book of LOSERS.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:15 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• yeah, you cant read too much into texts. I think you're jumping to conclusions here. He could be busy or something could have happened that he's having to react to. Give him some time. If he hasn't responded by tomorrow night, text him again and tell him you're feeling ignored. Remember to say "I feel" and not just "why are you ignoring me" as one is talking and the other is accusing.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 9:19 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• sumption is up...is only 3 weeks...not 3 months...step back and take the advantage position. The person who cares the least has the power~debate it or not....you want the power~you know you have to chill..

none of that confrontation with wanting to know anything....its his business at this point and you have been completely too busy to even notice he is "busy"...You Missed Him~you are still flirty and friendly...cause that is just the kinda Girl you are...you have a life, really think you two have an terrific connection going and tell him that..but girl...you must posture you are just an option for him...and that you are so remarkable that you have tons of options too...this deal isn't going to hold forever is your posturing...not your words....

pull a Paris Hilton Girl..OKay... not the get into jail free part...but she can posture an emotion well without meaning it~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 9:23 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Id call him. If he is short with you on the phone then just ignore him, maybe he is thinking things are moving t o fast and dosent know how to tell you.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 9:24 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• An unanswered text is the same as an unanswered phone call. I wouldn't contact him again until he contacts you. And then I'd slow it down, he may not be as great as he seems.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:29 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My first thought is, he's getting his ashes hauled by someone else.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:47 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I think I'd give him a few days to give you a return call if not then text and ask if he could give you a quick call. I as abv said would let him know how you feel, and see how he feels and take it from there. He may have decided it's gonig too fast, or who knows what, but a text is definately not the way to go. It's better to hear it in his voice, and know exactly how he's saying what he's saying . Maybe he's just not Mr Right after all.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:58 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I wouldn't call or text him, I wouldn't let him know I even thought of him. Don't let him know you even thought of him. If he calls it was worth it if not...move on.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 1:19 AM on Sep. 5, 2010