i want to go back to school?

how am i going to feel? its been 4 years since i went to school last! how can i go to school for free? or cheep? do online classes teach you anything?

MommieOfOnly2

Asked by MommieOfOnly2 at 9:13 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in

• i dropped out of highschool when i was 15, in the 9th grade.. 4 years later i took my GED test, passed, and went on to community college, i know have my associates degree and am starting on my bachelors next week. im 23, but i took some semesters off while having my son and things like that. its really not that hard to get back into, in your first basic classes, they will review everything and they have plenty of extra help and tutoring centers and things like that. i dont know your financial situation but most of my tuition is covered. you need to fill out fafsa, and you can also take out some loans that you wont have to pay back until after you graduate. i would definatly start out at a community college, register, go to there financial aid office and they will help you with all of those things. you can see an advisor to help you with what you want to do. its probably to late for this semester though but you should
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:20 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• during this semester work on getting accepted to the college and all those things so that you will be all ready by the time next semester starts. i tried to take an online class once, and it was not for me. it was basically all reading, no interaction... it was not fun, or interesting, and a lot harder. i personally wouldnt recommend it, but some people do like it so it depends on you. GL
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:21 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• i was pulled out of school in the third grade and didn't go back until i got my ged in 2002. now i'm going to college, just go down and file for student aid. as long as i go to school i don't have to pay. they even help with books. they will let you know if you can take stuff on line or not. don't worry about feeling weird, i was 27 when i stepped into a school.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 9:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I went back to school after being out for 11 years! I was very nervous, but loved every minute of it. I got my 2nd degree and would love to go on at some point. It wasn't nearly as hard as I expected it to be. I did take two online classes and they worked well for me - I could do all the work after my kids were in bed. I would have taken more online, but with my degree (biotech) many of the classes were lab based and not offered online.
    I paid for my first semester and got a scholarship from a private women's sorority to pay for the rest. But there is fafsa, or student loans.

Answer by missanc at 9:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I don't know how to do it for free or cheap, but I did go to online school for my Master's and learned a lot. For me, it was more projects rather than boring lecture, and that hands-on approach taught me more than going to class would have.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:35 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• thank you all these poasts helped me im going to go to the school and talk to them i hope it goes good!  THANKS!

MommieOfOnly2

Comment by MommieOfOnly2 (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I took online physical therapy assistant courses, and it wasnt bad. Although I have yet to use it.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:21 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• You can look into grants and scholarships. There are also work study programs at school. And online is not always cheaper, depends on the university. But it does cost a lot less in gas and you can work on homework in the middle of the night if you want.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 10:10 PM on Sep. 6, 2010