How do i get my 2 year old daughter to use the potty?

I'm having some problems potty training my daughter! Any Advice would be appreciated!

MommyInLove09

Asked by MommyInLove09 at 7:33 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She is almost too old for potty training. Because usually you start potty training when the child is able to sit up straight by itself (between 9-10months old). So Id suggest to just get her a seat for the normal toilet.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:48 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• wow...."m.robertston811" what are you on? a child that young has no control over there bowel movemnets yet! and can not tell you when they feel the need to go! I have never in my life seen a child that young use one!...now i have seen a 16 month old use the potty...but that is different! anyway.

is your daughter showing signs? like letting you know she is wet or that she pooped an cant' stand beeing in a wwet poopy diaper/pull-up. as far as my hubby an i are concerned pull-ups are a joke! if she is ready go out an buy some big girl undies with her let her pick some out( make sure you buy atleast a dozen of the thic!.. well i would make this answer longer but i'm running out room...so if anymore wustion or you want some advise please pm me.
    Good luck!
    ps. Cheyenne just turned 2 08-24-08 and we started her potty training 10-01-08 and she is fully potty trained-as of last night! she went poop twice now on the potty!
    mamactink

Answer by mamactink at 9:54 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I totally agree with mamactink. Children are too young at 9 and to mo. They can not control their bowel movements and even sometimes can not express when they need to go. Every child is different. Ive seen get potty trained at so many different ages. If your daughter is showing signs of wanting, knowing when to go then I would try. I would introduce the potty. Remind her to go, ask her if she needs to so especially after meals and drinks. When she does go, some moms use rewards of some sort. Encourage her, let her know you will help her. Sometimes big girl undies can be messy if they dont get the complete hang over it so sometimes just taking the diaper off to go works. But its really up to you. Like I said every child is different so what works for one child may not work for another. I would just try different things and see what works best for your little one. Best of luck to you!!!! :)
    Nicole1357

Answer by Nicole1357 at 1:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2008