What is your Favorite Book

I really do not like to read, But the only book i read is child books to my girls....

MommaAmanda955

Asked by MommaAmanda955 at 9:26 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:27 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• This was my favorite book in 4th grade and its still my favorite..."The Gammage Cup"
    Its this awesome story about the Minipins who live in this valley surrounded by mountains. Someone got out once a loooooong time ago, but he came back and went crazy so everyone stayed where they were and then these monsters called the Mushrooms (for their shape and smell) came through the mountain and attacked. It was awesome and also had a great lesson about standing up for yourself and not just doing what everyone else is doing.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 9:29 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Gone with the Wind and To Kill a Mockingbird
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 9:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• If you mean for yourself to read, a good place to start would be anything by Nora Roberts. Her books are great for those who are just getting into reading.

If you mean a favorite book to read to our boys, I would have to say anything by Dr. Seuss.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• what kind do you like? i sudjest taking a peek at my 50 booklist. but right now i would say the finest collection by jean rabe is my favorite.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 9:32 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I love to read, but I don't usually read fiction. I prefer personal or spiritual growth, religious education, health related or natural medicine books more than anything. I do occasionally read the "classics" like Dracula or Frankenstein... I LOVE Edgar Allen Poe, he's my one fiction obsession!! But my favorite non-educational books are Phantom by Susan Kay & Where are the Children by Mary Higgins Clark Beyond that my favs are all religious education style The Everything Paganism Book & Celtic Magick by DJ Coneway.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:32 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Les Miserables, but if you don't like to read I wouldn't recommend it, lol, its very dense.

I love the Gregory McGuire books - the Wicked series especially. He takes fairy tales and rewrites them for adults, in a way. They're not the same story line, but the gist is the same. Like his Wicked series is about the Wicked Witch of the West (well, the first book in the series is). Its completely outside of the original story line, but its great. :)

And I love to read about religion all of the time, but I don't recommend any of those unless I know that the person I'm talking to is into that kind of thing, lol.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:34 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Oh, and Jane Austen, I love her. :)

And Dan Brown - and if you like him, The Historian (forget the author's name) is really good. Its kind of like the Dan Brown style (historical fiction, etc) meets vampires. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:36 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• The Art of War.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:40 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My newest fav is the New Dictionary of Thoughts published in 1961.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 10:25 PM on Sep. 4, 2010