How can a person be so rude in a post?

I posted a question on here about how if we didn't know what religion or belief we had, we would all be friends. I myself have made terrible mistakes on here, that aftewards I really felt bad about. I shouldn't have made some of the comments I made and I am very sorry for them. But, this woman just made me feel bad for everyone on here. She claimed to be Christian and she insulted the women on here by her post. Not once, but a couple of times. I wonder if she will ever feel as bad as I did? I wonder if she will be woman enough to admit her wrong?

Freda01

Asked by Freda01 at 7:50 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• No worries about her. And you shouldn't worry so much either. This is a place for us to vent and sometimes we all say things that we shouldn't. All this is a learning experience. I feel bad that you feel bad, does that make any sense? It will be alright. Don't worry so much about the other woman.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:17 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• It is just so sad to me that someone who says they are so blessed with husband, would act so unkind. I just feel like if she is so blessed, then she would be nice, not rude. I learned on here that if you are a really nice person, then no matter what anyone says, you can still be nice. Plus, if she is such a Christian, then she hasn't found out that we should love everyone, not just her darn church. I mean love your belief, but also learn that you can't help anyone if your going to be mean to them, right?
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 8:42 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I totally agree with you, Freda ... although not everyone gets upset if you're not the same religion as them. I actually am not religious - I'm spiritual - and one of my best friends for years is a Roman Catholic. We're like sisters! We have owr own beliefs, and we talk about it occassionally, but it never, ever gets heated.

Just like in politics, different religions have their strong followers. There isn't anything wrong with that, but this is the USA ... there are so many other types of religions, creeds, races, etc. here, that it doesn't make sense for someone to preach his/her religion to anyone he/she may come across. I don't know how to explain it. Some people are brought up that way. Hopefully one day all religions can be at peace with each other.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Keep in mind too that what may be taken as rude, may not have been written that way. Sometimes in a grasp for words we tend to convey the wrong idea. Some people look at my words and because I'm atheist they automatically read anger into everything I write. Now sometimes you gotta be blunt and truth hurts. But if she is clearly rude well then she can expect backlash. Try not to sweat it. God knows who she is and well she'll get hers sooner or later. What comes around goes around so to speak.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• 2autisticsmom, have you ever read any post by ablessed wife? She was on a post and I am sure what she said on there was so mean. It was like someone saying, shut up, I am right you are wrong and I will not have anything to do with you if you don't believe as I do!! It freaked me out to see someone write like that. I mean, I didn't ask about her religion, I just simply asked," if we didn't know each others beliefs, would we all be friends," boy she laid it on the table, big time. But, I decided that the lose is hers. If she doesn't want any friends, let it be! Me, I have learned alot of lessons on here!
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 6:52 AM on Oct. 14, 2008