I need help?

Hello ladies.. i went to see my phyc yesterday and he suggested I keep a journal. Ive also chose to use medication managment to help with my recovery. (anxiety and depression) This may be a stupid question but how the heck do i journal when my biggest issue is unperfectionism not just that he has to read it so he can help further understand me. I wouldnt even know where to start??? Its kinda hard to write down how i feel when i spend most of the day questioning how im actually feeling if that makes any sense.

Proudparent707

Asked by Proudparent707 at 9:46 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Health

• I would start with a voice recorded one. Or make yourself notes in one book, then later try to sit and make sense of your feelings throughout the entire day and write everything out in the other book. You can even take both notebooks to the doctor. :)

Good luck!

I take St. John's Wort for my anxiety and depression and it helps and it isn't addictive either. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:48 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• just write, anything that comes to your mind even if it doesn't make sense at first eventually it will. I have journaled since I was 13 years old. I was a foster kid and went through alot of abuse mentally, physcially and sexually and I was adviced to journal it was the best advice I got back then, I journaled every night, at first I wasn't so comfortable so I would just write about my day and what I did then eventually I started getting into the deep stuff and was alot more comfortable writitng it down then talking about it, it became my sanctuary my best friend, I lost one of my twin sons last year and I cannot begin to tell you how much journaling helped. Just begin to write and then it'll get easier and it'll get better! :) good luck.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 9:52 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Sweetie , open a book ,m put the pen on the paper and just let it flow . You may think you do not know where to begin but that is the good thing with a journal , it does not need a beginning , middle or ending . I write often , it is the only way I get through things (which I suffer from the same but refuse to see someone because I am scared) so I write , and I write and I write lol . Sometimes I cant stop !! You should really try, a journal can become your best friend and its an awesome why to get things off your chest .
    mamahol

Answer by mamahol at 9:52 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• oh just start writing with your favorite pen...poor it out...messy, misspelled, draw it. cut and paste from a magazine...you have to be uncomfortable to push yourself out of disequilibrium....

I just read my journal from my first year away at college....I missed my parents? told me a lot about myself before life hit so hard....later it might have more meaning~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 9:56 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Hey.... Journal... You will find this one of the best things you ever do. Write whatever you want.. Whenever.You will find that soon enough you will begin writting about what you love what you dont. Goals, dreams and things you would like to accomplish... just write..
    many blessings and hugs!
    Debonette

Answer by Debonette at 10:01 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I had horrible postpartum depression and took medication also and tried to journal. Instead of trying to make any sense, i committed to write 3 pages a day and just wrote all the strange, convoluted, confused and bleak thoughts about anything and everything that went through my head. After a while i stopped hating it so much and it began to take on a more structured form as i got more in touch with my own ideas, thoughts and feelings, and emptied my head on to paper! Good luck and dont give up.
    skinnymarilee

Answer by skinnymarilee at 10:04 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I bumped your question. I'm Sorry. Just try it. Write down anything. Start by okay I'm supposed to be writing this! Look what A pretty bird on the tree branch. Look I can't Believe I got 3 compliments on my hair today. I feel Sick! My stomach hurts. Write anytyhing. Just try and see if it helps! Please try and see. Best of Luck to you!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 10:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Sometimes if you just start writing about the weather, or what you ate for breakfast, your thoughts and emotions will just come out. I would suggest you pick 10 minutes out of the day just to write about anything. If after ten minutes you haven't written anything of substance give it up. If you're on a roll, keep going. You would be surprised at how much a psychologist/psychiatrist can tell just from writings you think are "sensless ramblings." If he/she is professional and good at what they do, he or she will be able to pick out what they need just from the weather and breakfast writings.
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 10:33 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Just start writing. If your children did something, write that down and write down how it affected you. If your husband was getting on your nerves, explain why. If you went for a walk, do that. Don't write like you are writing to your psychiatrist. Write like you are writing a journal. If you write like you are writing to your doctor, in the end you are telling him what he wants to read.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:50 PM on Sep. 4, 2010