In reference to breastfeeding, what is a "BUMP"?

"BUMP" was the response to a mom asking about what to do if her son bit her while nursing.

skinnymarilee

Asked by skinnymarilee at 9:58 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think the mom was just "bumping" the question for her so that the question would show up at the top and she would get more answers.

"BUMP" at CafeMom means "Bring Up My Post." You "bump" a post by responding so that it will be at a better place in line, so to speak, and more people will see it.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 10:00 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I really thing they wanted to bump the question so it got answered.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:01 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• i bump a question if i can't answer it. but thanks for letting me know. next time i can't think of an answer i'm just gunna tell them why i did it. thats smart thinking. i'm still new here so i'm trying to figure everything out too.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 10:07 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Most often they would like the same answer so they bump to "bookmark it", as well as to try to get answer.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:48 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• The other Mama's are right. Some of the lingo on here took me a while to get used to!
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 3:10 AM on Sep. 5, 2010