my daughter stuck a straw in her older sister ear

first she was complaining really bad and it was bleeding alittle. but now it has stopped and i looked inside and i could see a little blood, i put some omit on it. but she said it felt like fluid was in it and it hurts when she yawns should i take her to the er or wait it out. she is playing like nothing is worng now. whould it still be hurting if her ear durm was broke or something?

amihernandez

Asked by amihernandez at 10:04 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Health

• My son put a hole in his ear drum and only cried after if was first done. Better get it checked in case there is major damage.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 10:09 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Take her in. My son stuck something in his ear recently and the nurse at the docs office said if there was any blood or a lot of pain that we needed to bring him in. Luckily for us, he didn't have either of those problems. But your LO might. I would take her in or call the hospital nurse.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:09 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I would take her in. It is very easy to puncture the ear drum or break the tiny bones in the ear. I'm not a big "OMG take your kid to the ER for every little thing" kind of mom, but I would take her into the ER. I hope she's okay!
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 10:23 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I would get asap. She could have punctured the ear membrane.. If is fixable, well you need to keep in eye on it;

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 10:46 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• When a membrane inside the ear canal has been punctured or bothered it become enflamed and swollen which causes the feeing of clogging or water in the ear. The injury is at high risk for infection right now too. She needs antibiotics and someone to take a look inside there to asses the extent of the damage.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:18 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Yes, I'd take her in. You can't be too careful.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 1:17 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• So did you take her in? Is she alright? Please let us know.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:53 PM on Sep. 5, 2010