Waterbirth

just wondering...I just read an answer about it and how it's so amazing..what are the pros and cons of this? I didn't have an epi with my first, but had meds that killed the contraction pain but I still felt everything else. So pros and cons?

mom_to_kenzie

Asked by mom_to_kenzie at 10:12 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was in the water up until the end with my youngest. I LOVED it. But I wanted the bed when it was time to push.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:20 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I think I may have been the one to say it was amazing lol
    I know you can't have a waterbirth if your water is broken for more than 24 hours
    You can't have a waterbirth if when your water broke it looked green from the baby's first BM
    Other than that I wouldn't know how it works with getting an epidural if your allowed to stay in or have to get out but I'm assuming it would be pointless since the waterbirth is a form of pain control
    As you can tell I'm all for a waterbirth and have no complaints about it.
    Oh and your body will get adjusted to the temp of the water but they allowed me to drain the tub and put fresh hot water back in.
    But as the temp cools off you begin to feel the contractions stronger until your tub is filled with new water but they won't drain it all at once only little by little.
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 10:22 PM on Sep. 4, 2010