If my children are lactose intolerant and can't tolerate cow's milk, they should be able to take goat's milk, correct? Or no?

Dabberdoo

Asked by Dabberdoo at 10:17 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• no

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Yes...lactose is the kind of sugar in sows milk. You could also give them lactaid (thats what I drink, its in the same area of the store as the regular milk)
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 10:23 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Huh? A sow is a pig. lol! Both contain lactose,goats and cows. I looked it up.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:27 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I think she maybe meant to type "cow's"? I dunno.
    Dabberdoo

Comment by Dabberdoo (original poster) at 10:29 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Yeah,I'm guessing that too! lol

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• im pretty sure
    jonathanswife69

Answer by jonathanswife69 at 10:34 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I've known people who can't have cow but can have goat...have you asked a doc or nutritionist?
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:35 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My son was lactose intolerant but he outgrew it around the age of 4. I bought him "LACTAID" and that worked fine for him.I dont know anything about Goats milk though....never tried it.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:35 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Lactaid, or soy milk.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 10:50 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My son was born in 1988, he had a Intolerance for milk- He spent almost 5 months in the Children's Hospital & almost died due to it- They ended up having to put in a Life Line b/c it got so bad that he could not tolerant Anything- He was literally Starving to death- Back then they didn't know as much about it as they do now- Anyway, they finally tried this formula called: Pregestimil- It was the Grossest Stuff that looked like Seaweed & smelled Terrible but, i will always be So Thankful that they found that Miracle for my son- it Saved his Life! He is now 22 & other than the scars from his Life Line you would never know how sick he was from a Intolerance to Milk- Before trying New things, Talk to your kids Ped.; many types of Formula or Milk can do more damage- Ask about Pregestimil- It might be your answer! Wishing you lots of luck!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 12:09 AM on Sep. 5, 2010