Soooo, how do you stimulate your nipples to naturally induce your labor? adult content

I don't get it.
Do you just flick your nipple with your finger, use a breast pump, squeeze your boobs...LOL
Just what exactly are you supposed to do, how is it done?
HELP!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well it is just a wives tale in all actuality but if you want it not to hurt and ur hubby is into it let him have some fun with them...sounds creepy i know but if your gonna try that for inducing why not enjoy it a little?
    katistrophic88

Answer by katistrophic88 at 10:31 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Totally not safe. It can actually cause long lasting contractions that are really hard and can be stressful to baby. Some cases are so extreme that the contractions were too intense and lasted up to 4 minutes at a time.....scary. They aren't the same type of contractions that dialate the cervix half the time anyway.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:37 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Well, I had ob/peds class last semester and the textbooks said to use the inside of your palm, not your fingertips, just rup the inside of your cupped palm on your nipples and that's the best way to do it... lol. Seriously, that's what it said. ;) GL.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 10:48 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• rub in circles

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:22 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I used my breast pump and not only did I hurt my poor nipples, I did create some serious cramps. If your body is not ready to go into labor, I really think it is best to NOT mess with it. Let your body do what it was designed to do on it's own time schedule
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:24 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• It's really not a good idea. It only irritates your nipples. I did learn once that the same hormone that can be produced through nipple stimulation is also produced when your palate is stimulated. Supposedly sucking your thumb will do as much as rubbing your nipples.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:34 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Sex always worked best for me! Within minutes my water broke every time!
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 10:38 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• rub, but doing this can caused contractions that are very long and painful. and may lead to a c-section.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:19 AM on Sep. 5, 2010