How would you advise McCain going into the last debate?

What should he focus on to turn things around for his party , bashing just sound advise please.

MTM

Asked by MTM at 8:24 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• If he actually wants votes come Election Day, he needs to stay focused and give the American People positive specifics about his platform and not continue to bash his candidate. Both Republicans and Democrats agree that McCain has yet to stay positive and consistant during a debate.
    MommyRust

Answer by MommyRust at 10:21 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Don't be angry... I read somewhere that when he gets angry He gets short and I think that had a lot to do with him calling Obama " that Guy" otherwise just anwser the question that is asked, both of them need to do that instead of answering some other thing that is on their agenda!!
    JennyJenn78

Answer by JennyJenn78 at 8:45 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Expose Obama's socialistic agenda and his lack of any real qualifications!!! Expose his plans for the redistribution of wealth such as his World Poverty Bill that he and Biden tried to push through the Senate---this would have taxed Americans .7% of the value of our GNP---TO GIVE IT TO THE UNITED NATIONS!!!! Yeah--he really wants to give the middle class a tax break. This crap that he wants a tax rate no more than under Reagan---doesn't he realize Reagan was in the process of lowering taxes--that takes a bit of time!!!!! If he wants to do that--that IS raising taxes to get it back up to that level.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I think McCain needs to show the American people that is nothing like Bush. He needs to layout his complete plan for the American people, plus make Obama answer questions that they American people have.

McCain/Palin 08
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 9:52 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I like all of the previous answers!! Hard to add much more!! I do wish he would work on exposing Obama for what he really is. I wish he would point on point call him out on all of his lies and inconsistencies. He needs to expose how Obama's economic plans do not add up. Although, at this point, I don't think it matters much, because people obviously don't care about it, - I think McCain should call Obama out about his contributions to ACORN, his ties to Rev. Wright and other areas of controversy that speak to his character.
    liz1974

Answer by liz1974 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• In my opinion....he shouldn't whine. The last debate I watched he started whining like a 3 year old. For the record, I typically vote republican. If he's going to whine to get his way...I'm not interested in listening to him. There was a point in which Obama was asked a question and answered it. Then McCain got a chance to answer and said something about Obama in his answer. After McCain finished his answer, Obama asked for a rebuttal. At which point McCain started in with "Well if he gets extra time, I expect extra time. We should get equal time....yada yada". Sounded like my boys fighting over who got more m&m's for crying out loud.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• i'd really like for him to bring up this ayers business to obama's face.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:57 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Here's one:

DON'T FUCK IT UP! lol But seriously, if he really wants to come out on top with this debate...he needs to give us a better idea of what his plans are for this country. But honestly I don't care if he loses cuz I ain't vote'n for him! WOOHOO!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:15 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Focus on the economy and state that he WON'T be a maverick when it comes to our economy and our foreign defense policy and introduce a foreign relations policy that makes sense.
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 12:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• He needs to act Presidential instead of a 2 year old not getting his way.

And for all those bitching about Obama and the Ayers connection you should really check on Factcheck.org about McCain's lies about Ayers.

That would be like bringing up the Keating 5 from Obama. Do you really want a nasty debate? Or do you really want to hear what they are about?
    Mommyof4kiddos

Answer by Mommyof4kiddos at 12:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2008