What advice would you give Obama for the last debate?

What should he focus on to turn things around for his party , bashing just sound advise please.

MTM

Asked by MTM at 8:26 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I love his plans for the country, but unfortunately we've heard mostly about the war and the economy. Don't get me wrong; I totally understand why they're so important. However, he cares about our children as well. He wants to make college tuition affordable - I want to know how. He wants to invest in early childhood education, reform No Child Left Behind, and recruit a whole new generation of teachers. I want to hear about those, and how soon they can happen. I know I am voting for Barack Obama, but I also want to know where our children stand as a priority ... are they at or near the top of the list, or will they be put on the back burner, collecting dust over the focus on war?
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 9:15 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I would tell Obama to keep doing what he is doing, because it is working.
    katykay

Answer by katykay at 9:03 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Stop lying and answer a question this time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Just stay home. Go back to what ever rock you crawled out from under.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Stick to the question asked and try harder to follow the time limits. That got soooo annoying. On both sides, but McCain tried (unsuccessfully, but made an effort).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I think they should use this time to speak on something else other than the war and the economy. What about education, or healthcare, or immigration, or abortion rights, or gun control, or SOMETHING other than Iraq or the stock market? Gahhh. We've heard enough about those two subjects for one election, don't you think? What more can they say?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:40 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I think he should explain how he plans to pay for all of this crap he is proposing to do!!! I know - he is going to tax the hell out of everyone!!! I just wish he would quit blowing smoke up our butts, like we are too stupid to know that you gotta have $ to pay for this mess you are proposing. Does it really matter what any of them say during these debates anyway? Do they ever actually go through with most of what they propose/say etc?? Who cares what he thinks about abortion? Bush is prolife and last time I checked, abortion is still legal. Why does everyone have to keep bringing up abortion??? It really has no bearing in these elections. I am prolife, BTW, but I know that the likelihood of it being banned is slim!
    liz1974

Answer by liz1974 at 10:53 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I would REALLY love to hear some of his personal views on other issues besides the war. I know the war is important, but there are other issues at play here and I'd like to hear him talk more about them. I'm still trying to learn about Obama. Before I was planning to just vote Rebublican....but now I'm not so sure. What IS Obama all about? He should really use this time to let us know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Ditto about doing what he is doing only cause it's gonna lose him the election. He's already down 4 pts. Americans will come through because they know raising taxes will not make our economy better.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• No advice...just cheering! GO OBAMA!!!!!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2008