How large a sample do I need?

I want to repaint my ds's old room into my room. I have a pretty busy pattern on the bedspread, sheets, and curtains. Could I just bring that and they can match it from there? Is this possible?

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 10:36 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Perhaps it would be better if you brought in your sample and spent some time in front of the paint chips, matching the color yourself. That way you don't have to rely on the judgment of the employee, who may or may not see color the same way you do. I know that's what I'd do...I dont trust other people when it comes to matching . I am particular about color though :)
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 11:26 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Some stores can match a color supposedly from anything. It depends however on the person who is running the machine and doing the matching! From what I understood when my ex-husband got one of these machines into his hardware store, supposedly they only needed a sample the size of a dime. I would contact your local hardware or paint store and ask them what they need.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 10:40 PM on Sep. 4, 2010