Does anyone else think teenagers are ALOT meaner now days than 10 years ago?

I recently went to a HS football game, I was in shock how mean the teens were there I had 2 run ins with 2 different ones at concession. I just stopped getting up. I hate fighting and I dont know why these kids are so mouthy and hostile!! Anyone else think this or is it me?

greenbeanmoma

Asked by greenbeanmoma at 10:39 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• very true!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:40 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Yes i do.. There is more bullying at schools now a days and it seems that well around here, that the teachers are more afraid of the students( Bullys) as they won't break up a fight or stop the tortures that is being inflickted on a student.
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 10:42 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Yes. Too many parents want to be friends and not actual parents. I've heard more than one parent of a teen say that if they enforce rules, the teen will just defy them or runaway.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:42 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• To be honest, I seem to see the opposite. I see today's teens as a bunch of whinny wimps compared to 10 years ago...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:42 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Yes kids are meaner more now, and not trained to think of others before self therefore teenagers now think things must go there way or no way.. yes kids are meaner now.
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 10:48 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I dont have teens but, I pray my boys will not disrespect others when they are older. When I was a teen I would not have acted like that I was afraid of what my Mom might do if she found out.
    greenbeanmoma

Comment by greenbeanmoma (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Shhh! I don't want her to hear me....I think toddlers are a lot meaner then they use to be lol.

I do agree I have tweens/teen and a toddler and they are more defiant, selfish, mean, lazy, and whinny. I have been through so much this summer with teens and a toddler going through the terrible two's...NOT FUN! lol. I am drained and have lost so much weight just from stressing on life. My husband took me to Hawaii for two weeks...so I that helped me to refresh and get ready for round...??? wow, I lost track! Anyway, I agree with all of the above and then some.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• When I was in elementary school (about 10-15 years ago), teenagers were a LOT meaner than they were when I was in high school, and now that I'm back in college. I agree with Sabrina that they're a bunch of wimps compared to 10 years ago. Maybe it's just different in different areas?
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:59 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• These kids today think they have it so hard, if they only knew how it was when I grew up ; back then there was no cell phone, computer, different choices in games. We had to go out and play until my mom called us in. My mom would chase us out with a flyswatter. I wish the kids today could live back in the 80's.
    sherryv07

Answer by sherryv07 at 11:13 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• less manners particularly around adults...ABSOLUTELY. More defiant, foul mouthed, and chock full of attitude.... YES
    Meaner .... not necessarily.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 11:14 PM on Sep. 4, 2010