RSVP...What should I do!?!?!?!?

I am having a b-day party for my 6yr old daughter next sat. I mailed out invitations about a week and a half ago and put at the bottom rsvp by oct.4 we invited 7 kids and only 1 mom rsvpd so what do i do? Do i call the other 6 to see if they are coming or do i make goodie bags for all of them in hopes that they show up and buy a big cake and three pizzas or do i make one goodie bag for the one that rsvpd and than if the others show up be screwed but if they dont have tons of leftover stuff? I gave them more than enough time to rsvp i just needed a yes or no answer and if they arent coming i was thinking about calling some other of her friends and see if they would like to come.What should i do?Thanks in advance!

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Oct 4 is a full month away. Calm down :) People will get back to you.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 10:46 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• i would call...i mean why not??? you just want tomake sure you have enough food and stuff : )
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 10:47 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• omg sorry rsvp by sept. 4 and yes i put sept not oct on the invites...its late!
    proudmom34

Comment by proudmom34 (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I would not call them because you already mailed out invitations. Invitations and calling would be a little too much imo. I would just be prepared for the other kids to show up. Its better to be prepared than not.
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 10:49 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I did write rsvp by sept. 4 on the invite and that the party was sept 11 i just mis typed it here!
    proudmom34

Comment by proudmom34 (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I call and personally invite families and talk with the mom/dad a minute. Let them know what I am serving and planning and ask them if they thought they might like to come.

I feel weird getting cold invites from mom's i don't know and families who don't know my child's name when I do call and RSVP....
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 10:53 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• you are having the party on 9/11? dates like that get tricky for me....just being honest
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 10:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Honestly, I never receive RSVP's from my daughter's friends. I just always plan on them showing up. There are only 1 or 2 of the girls' parents that ever call. My daughter has sometimes asked them if they are coming or not while they are at school. Maybe she could ask (if she sees them regularly?)
    jenn1172

Answer by jenn1172 at 11:09 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I would call.
    cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 11:10 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I call those I feel comfortable calling.... just t be sure. They will NOT all show up. You will have alot of leftovers if you buy for them all.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 8:03 AM on Sep. 5, 2010