What is a "bump?"

I have seen this on many posts. What does it mean to bump a post?

FlyMom07

Asked by FlyMom07 at 8:38 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in About CafeMom

• In some of the areas here on CM (cafemom), such as groups, post with the most recent replies, and/or post that are just made, are on the front page. Sometime new post and/or new replies will send other post to the 2nd or even 3rd page (depending on how active the group is).

Therefore someone may just post a reply with the words "bump" just to move their post and/or a post they feel is worth reading to the top of the list again.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 8:46 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Just to add: when they do that, they are bumping the post back up to the top. That's why they use the word "bump".

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 8:49 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Hi FlyMom07,

When someone posts "bump" in a reply to a post, they are bringing the whole thread to the top of the group so more people will see it. The posts on the group are in order of when the last reply was added.

^The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 9:10 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Thanks. Not what I thought at all. Makes sense now.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 9:23 AM on Oct. 13, 2008