What do you think about people that give our coupons, Pens or toothbrushes for Halloween?

**Or similar non-candy non-toy non-fun things...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 10:49 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Holidays

• Laaaaaaaame. Money is ok, my kids always get a kick out of that. Pop, too, is creative and unique. Fruit, stickers, etc to me seems silly. What are u trying to prove? Some kids, like mine, so rarely get candy that it's a huge deal to them. And we also only goto 7-10 houses so if a few of those are apples, stickers, pens it's a serious bummer
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:51 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My kids like to get things like that. The only things I do not like are the religious stuff they get from people. Sometimes there will be a candy bag full of treats and a few bible verses and an invite to their church. Yeah granted my kids are the ones going to their door. I just never know which house does it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:52 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I think it's a great idea to give out different things. Our kids love it when they get out of the ordinary things, no matter what it is.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:52 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Dunno, but I'll only give out candy. My mom tried the toothbrush or pencil one thing one year and boy did the kids hate her for that, LOL. I'm not gonna be the mom that gave crap for Halloween (pencils and candy are fine though I think).
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:54 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• i think it's a good idea, especially in neightbowhoods like mine (row home community) there are about 10 street with 3-4 blocks each and each blockhas 10-12 houses. You have somekids who go to everyhouse in my neighborhood and come away with pellow cases full. If a few of those are non candy i think it is a good thing at least they will have something to keep them busy when thier teeth are falling out.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 10:54 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I think that is extremely rare but also, if you're getting free things from people it's probably best not to complain too much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I appreciate every non candy thing we get. But toothbrushes and pens? We all have those. We love getting bubbles, toys, raisins, and such. DD doesn't eat any of he junk.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:58 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• As a kid, I hated it! As an adult who has to take a kid to the dentist, doesn't bother me as much. The main thing should still be candy though. Or the stuff with candy. I know my girl gets a kick out of getting pencils ans stickers though.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:58 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Non-candy is ok. Non-fun isn't. My kids loved the silly glow in the dark plastic bugs or little toy things.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:59 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• i've never seen anyone give out pens or coupons lol...i've seen fruit, and a couple times seen toothbrushes, i think i've seen stickers once...and i've never seen anyone give out biblical things...that's a new one for me lol. i don't see a problem with it. our candy sits there forever anyway. most of the time we end up having the candy in the cabinet until the next year anyway, we never finish it. although i don't think we'll be trick or treating anymore. just going to our church "hallelujah party" either way the kids get candy

armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:59 PM on Sep. 4, 2010