Would you leave your dh over this?

For a couple years he' s been increasingly distant.He ignores your sexual advances toward him.He wont kiss you goodnight unless you ask him to.He doesnt say good morning,just walks by you without a glance or a word. No gentle touches.No passion.No sweetness.It just doesnt feel like he loves you or is attracted to you at all.Youve tried everything you could think of to get his attention, to make him smile, to make him happy, to show him love and its just not working.It seems like he just doesnt care.You've cried, you've talked to him till our blue in the face and still, no change.You just live in the same house,two souls floating by one another day in,day out with little to no interaction.Sex is minimal,only when he wants it,but he never kisses you during,before or after.Youre heart is broken over it.You can't stand to leave but you don't know what else to do.Could you continue to live this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Nope, I would have been gone long ago. The only exception is if he was a terrific dad to the kids - I'd endure just about anything if I knew my kids were being treated well. But if he was a crap father too? I'd be gone.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 11:02 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I am reaching for my shoes just reading that.....people don't get to act like that, its just bullshit. If he can't pull out some emotion and start to work on his stuff..deals off. I'd make him go to all those relationship groups, therapy, one on one...if he can't do it~"like a ghost I'd be gone"
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 11:07 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• It sounds like you have given your relationship everything you have. You have tried. But if he doesn't give any initiative at all, what other choice do you have. It's not fair to you to have to live this way. You do deserve some happiness in your life, and obviously it's not going to be with him. It's pretty obvious that he's not in the relationship anymore. It's time to go your separate ways.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:26 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• definatly wouldnt live that way. life is too short to not be happy.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:00 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Yes, I sure would leave him. Obviously hes not interested in your feelings.
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 11:01 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Yes I would leave.
    momofne

Answer by momofne at 11:03 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Have you talked about going to counseling? If he was unwilling, I would leave, yes.

mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 12:47 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• i've been there and done that...leaving was the best thing i have ever done. my only regret was not leaving sooner...it would have been easier on myself and my son if i hadnt waited so long. my ex is now very near his second divorce and is only 27. this man obviously does not love you and has no respect for how you feel. you're hurting and he doesnt care. thats no way to live.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 1:02 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Yeah cant live your life that way. Im sure leaving is going to be one of the hardest things you do, but its worse to stay. You would be a better and stronger woman to leave!
    fashionmommy375

Answer by fashionmommy375 at 1:46 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Nope, I'd leave.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 11:02 PM on Sep. 4, 2010