My daughter's qiunce(15th bday) is May of next year, I need somecheap tips. These things are like wedding, so it can get expensive. HELP PLEASE!!!!

sherryv07

Asked by sherryv07 at 10:59 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• start saving now
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:00 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Has your family offered to help? Or Godparents, if you're catholic. I've only ever known people to cover the costs with help.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:04 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Some have but they are not very dependable. Im just trying to make sure if they dont help I will be able to cover it.
    sherryv07

Comment by sherryv07 (original poster) at 11:07 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• You have to know a lot of people who are willing to support your daughter's quincenera my niece did not want a 15 or a 16 she said she wanted an Iphone4 and that was what she got. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:09 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• start looking at what you can make yourself... look on craft sites, look at wedding ideas... like maybe the invitation, table decorations, is there anyone you know that can do the pics, how big and event do you want? how many people?
    my cousin had another one of us she respected be the main M.C. , anybody you know can dj?

Personally, me and my bf got a choice b/w a quince and going to Europe... we picked Italy.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 11:12 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Start saving now, my sister had a wedding this July, Im planning my wedding in Aug of next year thats the one thing i learned from her, she had no sponcers, im not asking only whoever offers, because some people in my fam made it clear that they really dnt want to so i wont be depending on anyone.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 11:12 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I have alot of people in my family that could do pics, food, dj, but Im not sure if they will actually do it by next May.
    sherryv07

Comment by sherryv07 (original poster) at 11:18 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I don't know much about quince but when I got married we tried as many ways to keep it low cost as we could. If you got a Hobby Lobby or Micheals around you, you should go & just walk around the store & take notes. That's how we started for my wedding. Like small fish bowls for a dollar, add some color water & floating candle, you have a cheap little center piece. We had all kind of notes on items that we might like to use, prices, etc. Then when we figured out how many tables, we knew how much everything was going to cost. We did our own food. Sams Club has bulk food for cheap. We had disposable camera's on the tables for the guest to take pictures during the reception. They have molds & chocolate in different color, then you can wrap it up in some toole fabric, makes cute little favors. Walking around Hobby Lobby & taking notes though was great for us because we could really start getting ideas/see what our budget could do.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 11:23 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• That is a good idea, Thanks to all that is giving me tips. Still need any advice anyone has offer.
    sherryv07

Comment by sherryv07 (original poster) at 11:26 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• You could always go the small route~ a few friends for a movie, then a pizza with sleep-over. They are not too old for that. You can still do a cake after pizza. Focus on the gift. That's what we did. She was happy to have more than one friend over for a sleep-over. You could do anything for favors... even a blanket or pillow! Happy Birthday!
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 12:43 AM on Sep. 5, 2010