Ear problems..

My son had an ear infection in February that last for a month and since then he's always putting his finger on his ear. Last time I went to the pedi I told him this and they told me this was "normal". But I am a little worried because he tries to put everything on his ear. I just catch him trying to put a pen tha he found on the closet.Have any advice? Is this really normal? Do you think maybe something is bothering him? Oh the pedi told me he has a little was on his ear and nothing else.

sweetyazfl

Asked by sweetyazfl at 11:03 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I dont believe its normal one pedi said yes another said no and he finally got the treatment he needed!!

My son started to get ear infections at 8 months old they would come and go he always grabbed his ears one pedi told me its just allergies and 2 days later thanksgiving day he woke up with a high temop brought him to another pedi that day thank god they were open... he ended up having a double ear infection and broncitis. had them for a yr staright every two weeks! Went to a specialist and they said he had 30 % hearing loss but can be fixed with tubes! so my son didnt say anything other themn mommy and daddy as a result of not bing able to hear.
    Jessica W.

Answer by Jessica W. at 11:09 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I had ear infections a lot when I was little and now sometimes fluid covers the inside of my ear and I can't hear out of it as well. It doesn't hurt or anything -- I just can't hear as well. Maybe that's whats wrong...
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 11:05 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Blubuni99 I have noticed that he is really sensitive to loud noises.
    sweetyazfl

Comment by sweetyazfl (original poster) at 11:09 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• wow poor baby. See that's why I am a little worried my husband has some hearing loss since he was a baby. We don't know to what extent but if I call him on a soft tone he doesn't hear me.
    sweetyazfl

Comment by sweetyazfl (original poster) at 11:14 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I would try to seek a specialist about it..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:04 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I would take him to an ENT and have them check out his ears.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 1:31 AM on Sep. 5, 2010