can a marriage?

can a marriage really end because couples don't do stuff together anymore and they sleep in separate bedrooms? my ex left me for another woman because he and i for the last 5 years have been doing our own thing and we have slept in separate bedrooms. he snores and takes up a lot of room.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• While it's good to have seperate interests, if you never do anything together why stay married?
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:44 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I think that doing things together is fun. But, I can understand about the snoring too. Some people just can't sleep when someone is snoring. But, if that is the only problem, that shouldn't be a reasn to leave. Was there another problem going on? I do think that as a married couple you should spend time together, it brings me and my husband even closer. We love spending time together, we wouldn't have it any other way. We enjoy each others company. Our day is spent doing things, but just waiting to see each other later. Sounds funny I know, but it is TRUE.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• My husband and I have been married for 4 years and he sleeps on the couch due to the bed hurts his back and he snores like a frake train and I can't get no sleep at all from it . We still do our thing though !
    Anonymous

• my grandma and grandpa always slept in different rooms to have there own space but they also do it so when they sleep together its better lol i never wanted to hear that or think about them lol but i think not doing anything together could there has to be some kind of togetherness.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 8:59 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Yes. Sleeping together is about more than sleep. It's an effort to continue to sleep in the same bed for some couples but there are ways of doing it and still being comfortable. If you prefered to sleep elsewhere, you probably weren't that interested in being close to him so much any more. That has been my experience and what I have observed with other women. Sounds like you weren't in touch with where he was in the relationship because of it. It was likely a symptom of what was going on in your marriage generally.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 9:02 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Most definitely. while having some of your own activities is a good idea, you need to continue to do things together so you dont grow apart. As for sleeping in the same bed. My hubby takes up a LOT and i mean at least 3/4th of the bed and snores nonstop... its so bad hes woken himself up and tried blaming me for it because it was so loud! but you need to have that at night time together, even if its just for talking or cuddling. me and my husband always do our "how was your day, what do you plan on doing tomorrow, hows braxten doing?" talking while in bed. there had to be underlying reasons for him to leave.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 9:41 AM on Oct. 13, 2008