My 5 1/2 year old son who has never been scared of anything is all of the sudden scared to be by himself, I don't know know what to do?

TAZ8650

Asked by TAZ8650 at 8:53 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Does he have bad dreams at night ?
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 8:59 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• My son went through this at 5 also. He still won't go to the bathroom alone unless someone is in the hallway. He said there was nothing that happened to make him afraid, he just was. I spoke to his doctor and she said that alot of children go through stages of being afraid of everything. Be sure he's not seeing any scary movies or anything like that. My son is 6 now and he's getting alot better about it again!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 9:02 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Has he seen a scary movie that ur not aware of? Has he overheard and/or seen something on tv not necessarily violent, but scary 2 a 5 yr. old? IDK bc mine didn't go thru that. Sorry I couldn't help more.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Maybe you should equipt him with a little flashlight if its the dark that bothers him, or if its monster problems, give him a little spray bottle that you put just a tad bit of water in and tell him its monster spray :) Its keeps those pesky monsters away!
    Momof3many

Answer by Momof3many at 3:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• For my son it is loud noises...freaks him out! Kids just go through these things it will pass.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:34 PM on Oct. 14, 2008