i need an opinion

so i moved in with this guy not too long ago, see we had ben having problems always arguing,and i thought that maybe things would change if i moved in with him well. it didnt. he got me pregnant he hasnt ben supportive and all he does is give me a hard time putting me under alot of stress making me worry about my baby living because im so stressed out all the time. and this morning he said he hated hearing me sing with""guys"" on my ipod and he said if he herd it again he was going to break it... i mean wtf is that? im getting sick and tierd of it but im afraid to leave for the sake of my child. i dont want her to not have a father but i am begining to not being able to stand being around him. what should i do"? i dont know what the right thing to do is because im trying to think about my child and i know how it feels to not have a father and i dont want her to have to go threw that because i was being selfish...

want2bamommy780

Asked by want2bamommy780 at 9:01 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well, I don't mean to sound like a bitch, but moving in with someone doesn't help, it makes it worse. Even me and my husband bickered constantly for a few months after moving in together, just because it was an adjustment. He sounds REALLY controlling and that could lead to abuse. Especially with how far he's taking it (the iPod). And, it's great that you are thinking about your child. But even though you know what it's like to not have a father around, and don't want that for your baby, is staying really better? I mean if he's this way with you, how is he going to act with a child? That's what you need to be thinking about. Staying is not always the best option. Having a father around isn't worth it if he treats you like shit. Good luck!!!
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 9:14 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Oh, one more thing. Leaving DOES NOT make you selfish. It makes you a good parent, for seeing trouble and getting away from it, and protecting your child.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 9:15 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• In my opinion, it sounds as if your baby would be better off without that jerk in her life. Sorry to be harsh...

If you truly want to make it work, you should have a serious talk with him and tell him that things need to change. If it doesn't help, I'd say get out. Besides, just because the two of you aren't together doesn't mean that he can't be involved in the baby's life if he still wants to. It is better for a child to have 2 happy parents that live separately than 2 miserable parents who live together but fight constantly.

Good luck! I hope things get better. If you need to talk, feel free to message me.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 9:16 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Leave him, you do not want to go through this the rest of you life and neither does your child. I came from a single Mom, (visitation to my Dad) and she did great! I also know a few single Mom's with young children that left due to the same kind of stuff, they're all doing well. You don't need this! You can't haev him putting stress on your pregnancy, bad bad idea...
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:17 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Do you want your child to have a father like him?? No, I don't think you are being selfish! I would say the longer you stay, the harder it is to leave.. Honey, IF you have a choice, and have a place to go. Then GO!!
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 9:17 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• honey leave being there is not good for you or your baby. if he is not supportive now he wont be later... my BF has been acting mean so we broke up( two nights ago) we decided to be friends for out child and see what happens.. maybe being away from him will make him realize he had something great or it will help you realize you can do better... good luck dear hope it all works out.. remember some boys will always be boys very few turn into men!!!
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 9:17 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• leave! seriously ... its only gonna get worse wen ur baby comes ...
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 9:17 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• My mom had a jealous controlling boyfriend after my dad left. Whenever he would leave the house, he would take his truck, but take her keys so she couldn't leave so he knew where she was 24/7. The way it ended? Him pulling a shotgun on her and threatening to kill her, me, my sister and then himself. Luckily, my mom taked him into leaving, and then immediately called my uncle, a police officer, and had a locksmith come out and change the locks. Don't let your situation get bad like that!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• IM PACKING MY BAGS RIGHT NOW AND I AM LEAVING
    want2bamommy780

Answer by want2bamommy780 at 10:29 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• i would be afraid NOT to leave for the sake of your baby
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:50 AM on Oct. 13, 2008