I don't know anything about muslims, can anyone explain?

Do they believe in God as we do here in America? I honestly don't know what it is, or who they worship, or how they worship. I'd like to know about it from someone who is or was a muslim.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm muslim :) Yes we believe in God (we call him Allah which is the arabic word for God) We believe in the same god as the Jews and Christians, the God of Abraham. WE ONLY WORSHIP ALLAH (GOD). No one else. we follow the word of Muhammed, as we believe he is the last prophet or messenger sent from God to give us the word of God.
    Islam means submission. Muslim means one who surrenders to God. Everytime we greet a muslim we say Assalamu Alaikum which means peace be upon you, and you would say back to them Wa Alaikuym Assalam, which means and upon you be peace.

A great place if you have questions about islam is the muslim moms group here on CM. There are alot of non-muslims that have questions on there.
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/97
    AmmuJinanSamaan

Answer by AmmuJinanSamaan at 3:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I'm not a Muslim, but the first thing you need to understand is, there are plenty of Muslims "here in America" Their name for God is Allah and if you are curious start with this....
    What is Islam?:
    The name of the religion is Islam, which comes from an Arabic root word meaning "peace" and "submission." Islam teaches that one can only find peace in one's life by submitting to Almighty God (Allah) in heart, soul and deed. The same Arabic root word gives us "Salaam alaykum," ("Peace be with you"), the universal Muslim greeting.
    for more information you can visit...
    http://islam.about.com/od/basicbeliefs/p/intro.htm
    craftyleah

Answer by craftyleah at 10:44 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• lol..what is the American God?
    Anonymous