Is there anyone who has problems with Depression?

I have suffered from depression since I was young, it only got worse. Now, I have been seeing a Physciatrist for about 23 yrs, I just was wondering is there anyone out there like me, with mutible depression problems, and have to take meds every day to stay stable? I have been in and out of Mental Hosp. at least 12 times and had the ECT. treatments too. It didn't work at all, it made a reverse instead of erasing the bad things, it brought them back even stronger, I won't ever go through that again!! Just would like someone to talk too.

Freda01

Asked by Freda01 at 9:11 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Health

• I have had problems with depression my problems stem from a lot. But I have learn that a lot of it was the stress that I had a hard time putting into words. I was really depressed after I had my daughter. I have a rare parathyroid disease which contributed to my depression problem. I was sad and I do not take anything for it. I have learn to get out of the house even when I dont want too. To also exercise rather it is to run up and down the stairs in anger or chasing after one of my kids. I think that we are all suppose to deal with some sort of problem in our lives. I think that talking to someone like my mom or a close friend has helped me treacherously. I love my life now. I do expect myself to become to depress. But I usually can tell when it is coming on. Because I start to withdrawal from everyone and i start getting an empty feeling inside.

I hope you feel better. But I completely understand.
    OctoberOrganics

Answer by OctoberOrganics at 9:23 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Hi Freda,

Yes, I too have had bouts of depression since I was a young girl of 13. If you need to talk, I am here.

Jennifer
    4teensmom67

Answer by 4teensmom67 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Hi!!

Yes, I have depression (and anxiety), too from since like forever. I took meds for a little while but I don't do anything now other than meditation. I can't say it always works but it seems to be more helpful than anything that just "covers up" the problem. I usually am able to handle it but then I have my bouts of depression (like the past couple days) and it's just hard so I understand. If you want to talk, I'm here any time.

~Jeannette
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 10:04 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I have suffered from depression since pretty messed up childhood. Its gotten worse as I have gotten older. I also suffer from anxiety that is PTSD related. I have found that prayer/meditation, daily exercise and belonging to some groups of some kind....(like a church or support group) has helped me. The more isolated I am, the worse it gets. I have taken many different medications for it and now am currently on Prozac and Zoloft and I think they have "pooped out" as the therapists say, when they have stopped working. Its important for me, as a woman, to have social connections. I am not involved or close with any of my immediate family, though they live close by.
    Jael580

Answer by Jael580 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I use to have the same problem. I tried Volume and Celexa, but I got better when really...I cried out to the Lord and Surrendered my life to Him. He healed me and Jesus washed away all my sins. I've been hurt and been through alot for my age, but I'm better because I have established my relationship with the Lord and focus on serving Him.  He has been showing me His Purpose "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord;..plans to give you hope and a future..You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Beside my relationship with the Lord, turning to more nature supplements such as St. John's Warth and B12...lol...apples too. :)

JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Biblical Scripture "Whatsoever things are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, good report if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things"

Read the Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer.  It's a good book!

And Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warner. :)

JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Bleck...Jesus has never done it for me...to each their own.
    I battle depression daily, have since I was about 8. I've been in and out of the hospital some, but basically just staying a float now. I take meds daily too. I know the anguish, take care. I can talk more if you want, just pm me!
    msmikkle

Answer by msmikkle at 1:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I had mild depression after major surgery. I asked my doctor, who said give it another couple months, and by then, thank goodness, I was better. But as mild as it was and for as short a time, it was horrible, and I feel very sad for those who go through the real thing for so long. My best and heartfelt wishes for those who are suffering so.

Answer by Bmat at 2:22 PM on Oct. 13, 2008